FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Anthony Beckford has spent his entire career helping people. He is a single father, community advocate and public servant delivering and fighting for one of the most diverse Council districts in New York State.
Governor Andrew Cuomo Proposed an MTA Fare Increase, that will cause the moderate and low income families and individuals in New York City to through further financial strains. Our housing cost is rising and now our transportation cost will rise, yet again. Enough is Enough. We will not just stand by as billion dollar corporations and their sidekick elected officials continue to hurt the people of our Great City.
Under Coumo's Fare Increase, Single Fares will go from $2.75 to $3.50 and monthly metrocards will go from $121.00 to $154.00.
We Do Not Need A Fare Increase!
We Need Affordable to No Cost Fares, Adequate Repairs, Reliable Service, Accessible Train Stations, Clean Train Stations.
As the Voice of the People, when I become your new City Council Member, I will be working alongside transportation advocates and community leaders to introduce my Transportation Justice For All Bill, that will provide fare rollbacks for everyone. This will bring single ride fares down to $1.75 and monthly metrocards will be reduced to $100.
In that same bill, I will put action behind words and create more accessible subway stations for the elderly and disabled. There will be an independent investigative body that will review the finances of the MTA and find out where the money has been going that should have been used for the necessary repairs and hold all individuals who are responsible for the neglect of our subway riders to be held fully accountable.
This is my promise for my first 30 days in Office. It is time for New Yorkers to start being able to Live and not just Surviving.Read more
The Republican Senators and those who caucus with the Republicans such as Senator Felder of the 17th Senate District are only part of the problem when it comes to stopping or hindering progressive legislation to be passed and funding coming into our communities, especially the Marginalized communities. We must also look at the republicans and some of the democrats in the New York State Assembly who are corrupt and are controlled by their corporate handlers, which makes them a major problem as well. They are truly republican wolves hiding in progressive clothing.
Rodneyse Bichotte is one of many corrupt politicians that have always chosen the special interests of corporate donors over the interests of the people. Her top donor is the most corrupt of them all and controls her through Pay to Play. This donor who was recently indicted with many others is no other than Husam Ahmad. He was even able to obtain a company by the name of SIMCO and fraudulently used it's status in the State Minority/Woman-Owned Business Enterprise, which Rodneyse Bichotte is the Chair of the Oversight of. No wonder Husam Ahmad and his wife have altogether donated over $16,000 to Rodneyse Bichotte's campaign.
Her corruption has been exposed and she must be stopped.
Article Title: Twenty-One Individuals and Companies Indicted in New York Corruption and Fraud Scheme
"On April 18, 2018, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, New York (DANY), announced a series of indictments against Husam Ahmad. The defendants were charged with corrupting the Government, bribery, bribe receiving, offering false instruments, and engaging in a scheme to defraud.
The indictments are related to a corruption and fraud investigation that impacts the reconstruction of the Kosciuszko Bridge—work funded by the Federal Highway Administration through the New York State (NYS) Department of Transportation—as well as various NYS Metropolitan Transportation Authority subway system projects funded by the Federal Transit Administration.
The indictments also allege that Husam Ahmad, chief executive officer of HAKS, sought to obtain public contracts by gaining control of SIMCO, which was certified to participate in the Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and State Minority/Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) programs. Ahmad allegedly acquired a 45-percent stake in SIMCO but could not claim personal ownership of more than 50 percent without compromising the company’s DBE and MWBE status. He sought to acquire full control of SIMCO by supplying funds to a former HAKS employee, Muhammad Siddiqui, so that Siddiqui could purchase the remaining 55-percent stake. By falsely maintaining the company’s DBE status, SIMCO obtained over $10 million in public contracts that it was not eligible to receive."
Her ties to this corrupt individual is linked to why many Minority/Women Owned Businesses are left to fend for themselves and eventually are shut down. The reason why our Train system is inadequate. The reason why developers have been taking all of the available land, tearing down homes and places of worship in our communities. Rodneyse Bichotte is corrupt and must be removed from her position. She must be voted out on November 6th. The people must vote for a True Progressive and Advocate for the people, which is me, Anthony Beckford.
- It was reported by members of the Democratic National Committee for the Disabled that Rodneyse Bichotte has been cooperating with ICE to help landlords intimidate and illegally evict immigrant tenants and their families out of their homes.
- Assembly Bill A06285 prohibits Preferential Rents because it causes mass displacements of the elderly, disabled individuals and families from their homes. Assembly member Rodneyse Bichotte REFUSES to Co-sponsor the Bill that could save the housing of millions of people.
- Rodneyse Bichotte has received donations from Charles Borrok who is a top rated real estate broker and investor who is aligned with the Real Estate Board of New York and has helped them manipulate and displace thousands of Senior Citizens, disabled individuals and families.
- She has also supported the Real Estate Board of New York's renewal of 421-a house g plan which has been one of the main causes of why thousands of Senior Citizens, Disabled Individuals and Families have lost their homes and will continue to lose their homes.
- Rodneyse Bichotte has accepted funds from Charter Communications which is a K own Union Buster. Charter has attempted to force workers to renounce their union benefits in favor of company health and retirement plans, which members say would weaken their union and leave workers significantly worse off. Rodneyse clearly shows that she is not on the side of workers and the unions, especially those of the IBEW.
- Rodneyse Bichotte has received over $100,000 from Real Estate, Lobbyists, Special Interest Groups and Fraudulent individuals. If Rodneyse Bichotte stays in office, the community will no longer exist and thousands more people will lose their homes and rents will continue to rise higher and higher. The immigrant community of Flatbush and East Flatbush will cease to exist and gentrification will fully take over.
Rodneyse Bichotte is NOT for the people. She is for the corporations and the Rich, while the working class and low income continue to suffer.
On November 6th come out and Vote for ANTHONY BECKFORD to save our homes, to get rid of preferential rents and MCIs, to strengthen the rent laws, to protect the immigrants, to stop police violence, to stop gun violence, to save our healthcare, to save our businesses, to Stop further displacements and to create True Affordable Housing for the working class and low income families and individuals.
TOGETHER WE CAN CREATE A CHANGE.
TOGETHER WE ARE THE CHANGE.
Anthony Beckford is a long standing community advocate, activist, US Marine Corps Veteran, the Leader of the Brooklyn Sector of Copwatch Patrol Unit and the candidate for State Assembly in the 42nd District, which consists of Flatbush, East Flatbush, Midwood and Ditmas Park. He is the member of various progressive organizations, such as Democratic Socialists, Citizens Action of NYC Racial Justice Committee, Jews For Racial and Economic Justice, MoveOn.org, Lambda Independent Democrats,Read more
- Housing & Small Business: Anthony Beckford is part of various Tenants Rights grassroots organizations and Community Board 17’s Housing Sub-committee. Anthony Beckford has made it his mission to advocate for tenants and homeowners who are being harassed by corrupt landlords and greedy developers. In his first 30 days in office, Anthony Beckford will introduce his Housing Justice Bill to provide Rent Rollbacks, eliminate Preferential Rent from leases, strengthen rent laws, eliminate MCIs, turn shelters into permanent housing, hold slumlords accountable for their negligence of tenants and violation of tenant's rights through increased fines and imprisonment. Anthony Beckford will make sure that homeowners are able to obtain resources and assistance to help them catch up on their property taxes owed and provide assistance for them to be able to repair their homes. In regards to Small Businesses, Anthony Beckford will continue to advocate for the passing of the #SBJSA (Small Business Jobs Survival Act)
- Criminal Justice: Anthony Beckford is the leader of the Brooklyn Sector of Copwatch Patrol Unit, a grassroots police accountability group. He will introduce bills that provide full accountability of all law enforcement officers and Repeal 50a, so that the disciplinary records of the officers are no longer hidden. Anthony Beckford has been very vocal in his opposition to the plan to build new jails and has been advocating to End the Cash Bail System. Anthony Beckford believes in restorative justice and has committed time and effort to show the positive impact it has. He has stood by community residents who have been wrongfully accused and convicted of crimes they did not commit and has been by the sides of the families who have lost loved ones to Police Violence in New York and throughout the country.
- Immigration Rights: Anthony Beckford is the son of Jamaican Immigrants. He has been working to provide permanent residency for all TPS and DACA holders and a fast track process to provide citizenship to all immigrants not only in Flatbush and East Flatbush, but throughout New York. Anthony Beckford has been advocating for the families who have been separated by the Trump Administration and has been advocating consistently for the reunification of the children and their families. #AbolishICE
- Healthcare: Anthony Beckford supports and has advocated alongside the New York State Nurses Association for the New York Health Act, which will provide healthcare for all no matter your income or immigration status. Anthony Beckford has also pushed for the ban of Conversion Therapy and pushed for thw passing of the Reproductive Health Act.
- Education: Anthony Beckford has always been an advocate for education when it comes to our children. His start was at the age of 12, when he stopped the racist agenda of rezoning School District 18, which would have caused a catastrophic defunding and further segregation of the schools. As a Single Parent, Mentor and UFT member, he understands the needs of our children and the structure that is needed for them to have an adequate education. Anthony Beckford has been fighting for the release of the $1 Billion that is owed to New York City Public Schools. As a City Councilmember, Anthony Beckford will create an avenue that will have those funds released to the schools and make sure that the teachers are provided with adequate resources to teach our children. Anthony Beckford is also the lead Advocate for the Black History Education Bill, which will provide a mandated year round curriculum of Black History in schools throughout New York State.
- Marijuana: Anthony Beckford supports for the full legalization and decriminalization of marijuana. He wants the records of all low level offenders to be wiped clean and for this currently incarcerated to be released immediately. The prohibition must end. Anthony Beckford plans to use the funds from marijuana sales to help fund public schools, community centers, provide senior, middle class and low income housing, as well as to help the state's current deficit.
- Workers Rights: Anthony Beckford supports workers and Unions. Workers must have adequate health care, livable wages, safe work conditions and much more. Anthony Beckford has stood on the frontlines with members of DC37, 1199SEIU, 32BJSEIU, CWA, AFL-CIO, UFT and many other Unions on various occasions, including during the Janus Decision and during the Government Shutdown.
- LGBTQ Rights: Anthony Beckford advocated for the Ban on Conversion Therapy and for the passing of G.E.N.D.A. Anthony Beckford has been a true ally to the LGBTQ community, especially LGBTQ People of Color.
- Gun Violence: Anthony Beckford recently lost a loved one to gun violence. He has been marching with Councilman Jumaane Williams, Senator Kevin Parker and various advocates at the yearly East Flatbush Anti-Violence march. He will introduce his “Save Our Youth” initiative which will help keep our communities safe from further Gun and Gang Violence through peer mediation, employment opportunities, funding for summer programs, etc.
Anthony Beckford is a Single Father, U.S. Marine Corps Veteran, Community Advocate and Activist. He has worked alongside Councilman Jumaane Williams and many other Elected Officials and Community Organizations in regards to Gun Violence, Mental Health, Housing and many other issues in the community. Anthony Beckford is the Leader of the Brooklyn Sector of Copwatch Patrol Unit, which is a police accountability group that documents police interactions in the community as well as protests, and is a Vanguard of the community. He is also the President and Co-Founder of Black Lives Matter Brooklyn.
As a Community Advocate, Anthony Beckford has been one of the most consistent in the work that he does. He has fought for Affordable Housing, Immigration Rights, Women Rights, LGBTQ Rights, Adequate funding and resources for our children's public schools as well as Police Accountability. He helped the community shut down a racist Nail Salon in East Flatbush, where three Black Women were viciously beaten with broomsticks and acetone thrown in their faces to blind them. Beckford, was the initial Advocate who came to the aid of Ms. Ann Marie Washington, an Afro Caribbean Woman from Trinidad, who was the victim of a viscous hate crime at the Church Avenue B/Q Train Station. He also helped to raise over $10,000 to help pay for her medical expenses. He has helped find many missing community residents, especially missing Women in the community. Recently, Mr. Beckford has been advocating against the brutal attack on Yasmine James, who was the young woman that was attacked in the viral video at a McDonald's in Florida. Beckford, has been on the frontlines in various movements such as Families Belong Together, Black Lives Matter, New York Health Act and the Housing Justice Movement alongside Flatbush Tenant Coalition and other Housing Organizations.
As the son of Immigrant Parents from Jamaica, he has always been fighting for the rights of Immigrants.
He has been standing alongside the residents in his community, who are from Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad, Grenada, Guyana, Barbados, Africa, Mexico, etc. He is also the Founder of the Caribbean Unity Alliance.
As a Single Father of a young daughter, Anthony Beckford, stands up for the community, but also stands up for Women Rights, the Adequate Education of our chikdren and Parental Rights.
Anthony Beckford is a member of various Democratic and Progressive groups such as; Democratic Socialists, Ernest Skinner Political Association, Brooklyn Young Democrats, Black Caucus of the Green Party, New Kings Democrats, Muslim Democratic Club of New York, NYPAN, BPAN, CBID, Lambda Independent Democrats, Brooklyn Progressive Alliance, Obama Foundation's "My Brother's Keeper" and many others.
Anthony Beckford is the leader that the community can always depend on to help fight for their rights and to continue to protect the community.
Anthony Beckford with City Councilman Jumaane Williams
Anthony Beckford with NYC Comptroller Scott Stringer
Anthony Beckford with NYS Attorney General Tish James
Anthony Beckford with Congresswoman Yvette Clark
Anthony Beckford with NYS Senator Kevin Parker
Anthony Beckford standing up against R.E.B.N.Y.